enculturating las vegas into the next millennium... art, dance, film, music, poetry, theater, history, nature and everything else that enriches the lives of those who live and visit southern nevada... Since 2003...

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Things to be thankful for...

As I sit back and contemplate the world around me I think about all the wonderful things that I am thankful for. That is why I really enjoy Thanksgiving, the most American of holidays. A holiday not filled with abstract dogmas or rules but simply a day to remember all the great things that make us Americans. Thanksgiving marks the beginning march towards the end of the year when we celebrate the holidays with family and friends and prepare for a new year, new beginnings and many new things to be thankful for.

As I look back at this year I ask myself what are the many things that I am thankful for? Goodness knows there are many so here are a few I would like to share on this wonderful Thanksgiving Day...
  • I am thankful for my family, friends and many many new acquaintances that I have met over the last few years. 
  • I am thankful for my health and that of my family, friends, acquaintances and neighbors 
  • I am thankful for the Cultural Arts that is making life in Southern Nevada so enjoyable
  • I am thankful for the economy finally beginning to show signs of life
  • I am thankful for the redevelopment of Downtown into a livable, sustainable and fun neighborhood to live in
  • I am thankful to all of my readers out there that have supported the blog 
  • I am thankful for my career and my creative coach who without her I would have never started many new and exciting projects
  • I am thankful that I am finally writing a book about a great piece of history! Ill be even more thankful when I finish it!
  • I am thankful to my faith in humanity because I know despite our differences we are all looking for the same thing. Happiness!!!
Have a wonderful and culturally filled Thanksgiving everyone!!!


Brian Paco Alvarez enculturating Las Vegas into the millennium...

posted by Brian Paco Alvarez, Curator and Chronicler of Culture at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home