enculturating las vegas into the next millennium... art, dance, film, music, poetry, theater, history, nature and everything else that enriches the lives of those who live and visit southern nevada... Since 2003...

Friday, December 16, 2011

Paco has been naughty... Well kind of... But there is a great art event tonight!!!

I do have to say that I have been very naughty leaving you all in the the dark for the past week. But I ave been on holiday back east visiting with family and friends and enjoying the sights and sounds of New York City. Though I did prepare an amazing little blog post about the Las Vegas diaspora living in the New York Metro area, because of a technical glitch on my I-Phone I lost the post. Technology, you cant live with it and you obviously cant live without it! So stay tuned on that front...

Anyway I am back as strong as ever ready to talk about all the going-on-about-town and all around. With the holiday season in full swing you would think things would slow down on the artistic front. Well I am excited to announce that nothing has slowed down a bit. Which honestly is a good thing!

As I was walking to my car last night I ran into my friend and neighbor Amos who told me about this new art collaborative called Freddie Ramon. Basically it is supposed to be a one stop shop for everything that you need to design the perfect abode. In any case it seems quite appropriate that these artists are having a showcase this evening right before the holidays. Take a look at the flier below and remember this holiday season to support small businesses, artists and shop local!

The first person to approach me at the event and mention this post gets to have coffee and a muffin with me at The Beat Coffeehouse! (coffee and muffin on me of course)

See you tonight! 



Nevada Public Radio
For more information on the Cultural Arts in Las Vegas please visit Nevada Public Radio. NPR has detailed listings of many cultural and civic events hosted by area non-profits click on this linkhttp://www.knpr.org/common/psa/listNEW.cfm and if you are planning an event in the next few months, be sure to get your free listing in Nevada Public Radio's Desert Companion magazine by submitting the information here at http://www.knpr.org/culture/eventaddnew.cfm
Have You donated to KNPR? Pledge Now at http://www.knpr.org/index.cfm

Brian Paco Alvarez enculturating Las Vegas into the millennium...

posted by Brian Paco Alvarez, Curator and Chronicler of Culture at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home