enculturating las vegas into the next millennium... art, dance, film, music, poetry, theater, history, nature and everything else that enriches the lives of those who live and visit southern nevada... Since 2003...

Friday, June 18, 2010

Third Friday has arrived...

I will admit that I have been completely preoccupied with the World Cup in South Africa. Once every four years I am glued to the radio, TV or any other communication device that will inform me of the games. This year is absolutely no different. As a matter of fact I believe that I am more preoccupied by the games because of the talent that is on my team. Of course I support my native land USA and their prospects but my heart is with my parents homeland of Argentina. With the world greatest player Lionel Messi at the helm and Maradona as the team manager its difficult for me not to me excited about the team taking the cup on July 11.

So with all this said I cannot forget that today is Third Friday in the arts district. Many of the galleries will be open so I would encourage all of you to come down and enjoy an evening of art and culture in fabulous Downtown. I would suggest starting your evening at PLACE gallery located at 1054 South Main Street.

See you tonight and go USA!

Brian Paco Alvarez enculturating Las Vegas into the millennium...

posted by Brian Paco Alvarez, Curator and Chronicler of Culture at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home