enculturating las vegas into the next millennium... art, dance, film, music, poetry, theater, history, nature and everything else that enriches the lives of those who live and visit southern nevada... Since 2003...

Friday, March 11, 2011

Could it get any better in Vegas!?

I was musing to a few friends the other day regarding blogging and why I do this. My answer was actually pretty easy, I do this because its fun and it helps those out in the community keep well informed that there is a heck of a lot more to do in this city then bottle service on the the "World Famous Las Vegas Strip." I am just sayin.

Now look I am not beating up the Strip by any means, I actually do a pilgrimage once a week to the Welcome Sign to pay my respects to the city I was born in. But there is a lot more to Las Vegas then what is seen on the Strip. We have a growing and vibrant Downtown, fun museums, art galleries, lounges and bars, we are surrounded by natural beauty, so to limit Las Vegas to a couple of miles does a huge disservice to what we are as a community. It would be like saying that New York is only Times Square or London is only Piccadilly Circus. So lets get real and look at what Las Vegas truly is and get out there and experience it! Trust me its a great place and tonight just makes it even more livable.

My goodness I had to wake up even extra early this morning just to blog about all the events that are happening this evening. With "The Tell" at the El Cortez, Neon Reverb Fest well underway, the 4th Anniversary of the Downtown Cocktail Room and Camp 107 featuring Woody Allen's "Sleeper" at the Arts Factory who can keep up!

With all this said make sure to make it Downtown tonight and this weekend to see what all the hype is about. And trust me if I talk about it you know it has to be FABULOUS!

Have a wonderful and safe weekend everyone!




Nevada Public Radio
For more information on the Cultural Arts in Las Vegas please visit Nevada Public Radio. NPR has detailed listings of many cultural and civic events hosted by area non-profits click on this link http://www.knpr.org/common/psa/listNEW.cfm and if you are planning an event in the next few months, be sure to get your free listing in Nevada Public Radio's Desert Companion magazine by submitting the information here at http://www.knpr.org/culture/eventaddnew.cfm
Have You donated to KNPR? Pledge Now at http://www.knpr.org/index.cfm


Brian Paco Alvarez enculturating Las Vegas into the millennium...

posted by Brian Paco Alvarez, Curator and Chronicler of Culture at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home