enculturating las vegas into the next millennium... art, dance, film, music, poetry, theater, history, nature and everything else that enriches the lives of those who live and visit southern nevada... Since 2003...

Thursday, September 02, 2010

Preview Thursday & First Friday have arrived...

Hello fabulous Las Vegas! Despite the fact that I am visiting the Big Apple for my yearly holiday I have not forgotten about the great cultural activities happeing in the Radiant City.

Tonight is Preview Thursday in 18b so make sure to hit up all the galleries if you do not want to fight the masses on First Friday. Looking over at the Facebook posts and emails I have recieved over the last week I am really excited about this months activities. There is so much happening that it's mind boggling! As Mae West once said, "Too much of a good thing is wonderful."

I do want to give a shout out to Gina Quaranto and the artists of the former PLACE gallery, that have moved to their new space at Commerce Street Studios. In addition get over the Arts Factory for Suzanne Hackett-Morgan's exhibition at Trifecta. Dr. Laura Henkel is rocking it at her gallery, as is Joseph Watson and Alex Huerta. I hear that Laura Zoller is showing at Damned Ink and at the CAC, the grand daddy of them all, has a new show up. Definetly do not miss out on Brett Wesley Gallery, City of the World, the Funkhouse, Retro Vegas, The Gypsy Den and so much more!

Oh and before I forget, definetly get over to Emergency Arts on Fremont for some great eats, art and convo. Jennifer Henry's Flock Flock Flock has an awesome little show well worth visiting.

Have fun, be safe and adopt an artist... I hear they make great pets!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

posted by Brian Paco Alvarez, Curator and Chronicler of Culture at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home