enculturating las vegas into the next millennium... art, dance, film, music, poetry, theater, history, nature and everything else that enriches the lives of those who live and visit southern nevada... Since 2003...

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Off the Grid & into the Wilderness...

Rhyolite, Nevada
(Photo taken by Brian Paco Alvarez)
The time has come again where I will be exploring the hinterlands of the American Southwest to see what new and exciting places I can explore. Though I am actually going to the Goldwell Open Air Museum to muse with the artwork of Yulia Pinkusevich I am excited to be taking a newbie with me to explore several places prior to our adventure at the museum.

My good friend Ari and I will be doing a whirlwind tour of the China Ranch Date Farm, Tacopa, Shoshone and of course Death Valley. Ari has never been to any of these places so I am definitely looking forward to telling him a little bit about the history of the area and of course the fascinating history of BORAX, 20 Mule Teams, the Timbisha Shoshone, the railroad, the Pupfish, Lake Manly, Scotty's Castle, Furnace Creek, Dantes Peak, the Old Spanish Trail, Cathedral Canyon and so much more!

So stay tuned for the photo essay on my crazy adventures in the desert...

For more information about the great places we will be visiting please visit the sites below...

Goldwell Open Air Museum - http://www.goldwellmuseum.org/
China Ranch Date Farm - http://www.chinaranch.com/
Death Valley National Park - http://www.nps.gov/deva/index.htm

Brian Paco Alvarez enculturating Las Vegas into the millennium...

posted by Brian Paco Alvarez, Curator and Chronicler of Culture at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home