enculturating las vegas into the next millennium... art, dance, film, music, poetry, theater, history, nature and everything else that enriches the lives of those who live and visit southern nevada... Since 2003...

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

The Vegas Valley Book Festival Begins...


I will be the first to admit that I am not the best writer in the world. Goodness knows that on several occasions I miss commas, periods, semi-colons, and myriad of other punctuation issues that would make an English major cringe. But with all that said, one thing I know I am very good at, is reading books. Actually I have a decent library that keeps me quite entertained, especially in light of the fact that I do not have a television in my house. Come to think of it I have not had a TV in more than 5 years!

Reading is obviously in my blood, that is why every year the Vegas Valley Book Festival just makes me giddy with excitement. There will be lots of lectures, poetry readings, book vending, and a myriad of other events planned around the literary word to entice young and old. So make sure to click on the book festival logo above for a schedule of events and activities that are happening this week.

Today marks the beginning of the Las Vegas Valley Book Festival with the opening keynote adress by award winning author T.C. Boyle. The event takes place at the UNLV Student Union Ball Room at 7pm. The event is free and open to the public.

So pick up a book and read!


Nevada Public Radio
For more information on the Cultural Arts in Las Vegas please visit Nevada Public Radio. NPR has detailed listings of many cultural and civic events hosted by area non-profits click on this link http://www.knpr.org/common/psa/listNEW.cfm and if you are planning an event in the next few months, be sure to get your free listing in Nevada Public Radio's Desert Companion magazine by submitting the information here at http://www.knpr.org/culture/eventaddnew.cfm
Have You donated to KNPR? Pledge Now at http://www.knpr.org/index.cfm


Brian Paco Alvarez enculturating Las Vegas into the millennium...

posted by Brian Paco Alvarez, Curator and Chronicler of Culture at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home